Translate

Tuesday 7 May 2013

TRESemmé Ramp Ready Hair

TRESemmé Ramp Ready Hair

Being in Bombay and belonging to an upper middle class family (which is majority of the population), we do not have the time to groom ourselves as much as we'd like to (Mind you, it is not a question of affordability). Tell me I am wrong! This is an account of my personal experience.


What does my daily grind consist of? Wake up in the morning, invariably and utterly shamelessly late. Realize you don't have the time to apply oil (and nourish) your hair. So, run into the bathroom, use some random shampoo that Amma purchased two weeks ago in the supermarket. Considering there is no time at all, chuck the fact that you haven't used the conditioner at all to the back of your mind. Tie a light towel to your hair and get dressed simultaneously. Just before leaving, open your hair, use a comb and pull until the hair is free of knots and the floor under you full of hair. And rush! Take a bus to the local train station. Oh, wait. You forgot your dupatta to cover your face and hair against the heat, wind and pollution. Oh, well. Let the wind in your hair and feel like a million bucks. Ultimately, enter the clients office, rush to the washroom directly (yes, that is a ritual for us girls, go figure!) And, the horror! My skin all tanned (thank you, Mr. Sun), the dirt all nicely settled on my face and hair (and shirt and arms, don't get me started) and my hair. Oh, God, my hair! Allow me to provide a precise description. I have shoulder length hair (don't talk about how easy it is to manage short hair, you are welcome to try!) which is wavy, easily forms knots and is not naturally conditioned, if you know what I mean. I looked like a cross between a gorilla (the ones with long hair as per their standards) and a human. And again, in order to not look cannibalistic  lightly lock the door of the washroom and begin the tug of war! With my hair and it's blasted knots, of course! When you are finally done, you hair very merrily manages to look dry, unkempt, frizzy and ultimately, out of control. Yes, I should have taken Amma's advice of nourishing my hair with oil very seriously. And then, I finally end up tying my hair into the old boring pony tail (bye, bye, cute finance guy, I won't be trying to woo you now!) This is how the Plain Janes of a city like Bombay do it. Now, to the next part.


The days I actually put in efforts to dress myself is when Dad's dropping me off to work. Yes, he goes by car (he's a top notch exec, he gets a car, and I get jealous!) So, if my audit is somewhere close to his work place, he makes it a point to drop me off. That is when I take efforts. Wake up at my usual time (Dad's dropping me off remember? So, bye, bye, public transport), conveniently forget Amma's advice (about nourishing your hair with oil, you know) enjoy a wonderful shower, use TRESemmé Keratin Smooth shampoo TRESemmé Keratin Smooth conditionerTRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray and TRESemmé Keratin Infusing Smoothing Serum (that I purchased at the supermarket only last week because the sales girl was  very good and I was a sucker) and hope desperately that this will make me look really good. Seriously, on days when you are not rushing, really how can your judgement go wrong? Dry my hair dutifully, sit under the fan in order to not spoil my hair with "harsh" hair dryers and wait for dad. By the time Dad's here, my Ramp Ready Hair's sitting beautifully on my head! The dark brown shine, the way it softly touches my face and highlights my skin and the oh! so soft touch.. wow!


To me, being ramp ready never meant much. Now, it means maintaining my hair, making an effort to look good, fighting valiantly to protect my hair against all damage and most of all, having a trustworthy hair product. Ramp ready hair means, no pony please! Use TRESemmé Hair products. You have numerous companions, but just can't make the time for your hair. Well, it needs someone! Who better than TRESemmé?

No comments:

Post a Comment